Thursday, October 2, 2008

Come ON Oklahoma!

Whoo, this place is kind of a snoozefest. Oklahoma City is rumored to be THE city to visit if you enjoy sprawl - the 'city' itself stretches over a whopping 600 square miles. They've taken the sprawl concept to an insane degree - it's as if the businesses immideatly outside of the city all decided to be a half-a-block away from one another. Not having an automobile, I'm a walk around type of guy, and let me tell you; the greater Oklahoma City area is not foot-friendly.
Well the economy's getting scary. I'm in the middle of a job search, so I'm particularly freaked out by the tide of crap-news that has been rolling in for the past week or two. Call me craxy, but living in fear is not something I particularly enjoy. I like it better when the economy is awesome, and people wake up inspired to hire a guy they don't know named Michael. We'll have to see how everything shakes out.
Gussers and myself will be watching the VP debate this evening! Since I don't have a real good idea of what he vice president does (beyond being a 'warm spare' for the president), I'm not really sure in what context they'll be discussing the issues of the day. However I do feel strongly about one thing; the candidates ability to make a thumbs up. Now THAT is a crucial element.

No comments: