Saturday, May 17, 2008

On the Edge of my Seat

Soon, VERY soon, we'll be living in Salt Lake City. Well that's actually a bit of an exaggeration. We'll be landing in Salt Lake City, and promptly driving 45 minutes north to Ogden Utah. Now I don't know much about Ogden, but looking up their top 10 nightspots online, I found that they had only listed 6. That could be taken as a reflection of their very high standards when it comes to describing the "top" spots for evening entertainment, or they might only have a few places to go. At the very least I'm guessing they won't be as neat as, let's say... Raleigh NC.
I feel that Raleigh has been good to us, though I can't place my finger on why I feel that way, exactly. We havn't had a fantastic experience at any of the restaurants, grocery stores, boutique's, comic book stores, or public restroom's we've used. In fact we sat a very nice restaurant last night for 20 minutes before we decided we didn't want to wait for water and a menu anymore. But I like the town anyway. It's familiar in a not-creepy way, and similarly different. Okay, truth be told it's awfully familiar, but I like the tree's, the weather's been great and our hotel is nice. Is that enough to always remember Raleigh North Carolina as a "heck of a town"? Time will tell.
Gussie and I will be visiting some of my relatives this weekend, which means this job has allowed us to collectively visit 5 people we're related to which we would otherwise not have seen for many, many years. Thank you Nielsen Media Company.

No comments: