Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hallowhaat?

It's Halloween, which is just about my favorite holiday. Here's why; I like scary movies, scary comic books and scary costumes. When October rolls around everything gets a spooktacular makeover, and I get to watch horror movies with all of my spare time. Then there's the drinking, which doesn't come up as much on other holidays, like Easter.
Right now I'm watching Halloween 2 and making a burrito in the oven. For those of you not familiar with the Halloween series I'll sum it up with as few words as possible; walking. Yup, walking, which is a pretty laid-back action word. Why does walking make for a scary movie? Well it's the guy whose walking; Michael Myers. He looks ridiculous in a white-painted Captain Kirk mask, but remains very scary for his ability to pick himself up off the floor (after being shot, stabbed, burned, cursed at ect.) and keep walking. Not in a big hurry to kill anybody, just determined. Determined like a fox.
We've made it to Portland, which is the first place that has thoroughly confused my cell phone. Beyond that it's a very pretty city on a river, and I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing some of the town. The weather is beautiful for fall; nice and overcast with very high humidity. Good Halloween weather.
Just a thought - I don't have any idea where the hell I'm going to get any candy tonight. Bars don't usually serve candy, and if they did I don't think I would trust much of it. Ruffies and chocolate make my teeth hurt.

No comments: