Friday, October 26, 2007

Ruh-Roh

It's gettin' cold here in Central Illinois, and I've got the travel itch. I'll be heading for Portland on Monday, were Gussers has already setup our next base of operations. It's a secret location, but just between you, me and the crickets, it's in a hotel.
Watched a great movie yesterday called Wolfen, which was released in 1981. There seemed to be a rash of werewolf films released that year, including the popular American Werewolf in London. I enjoyed Wolfen for the following reasons;
- gritty wolf vision
- Gregory Hines (RIP)
- Albert Finney (who recently kicked ass in The Bourne Ultimatum)
- Edward James Olmos playing an Indian
- you can see the twin towers several times throughout the movie, which is neat
There was other good stuff to, but the ending was kind of lame.
On a related note I also watched part of James Belushi's K-9,P.I. which wins the award for the best use of punctuation in a film title. Despite everything society teaches me, I am a big fan of James Belushi. Also being a fan of K-9's, I enjoyed K-9,P.I. a bunch. At the time I didn't realize it was a sequel, so I get a bonus movie to watch sometime down the line. That's going to drive Gussie nuts...

No comments: